Sunday, July 14, 2013

Aunt Rose - 195/365

We got some sad news today, from our family in Florida.
We lost our beloved Aunt Rose this morning.
She was my grandma Ruthie's, wonderful sister and was 83 years young. She was such a special lady and was loved by everyone who met her. Rose was always "dressed to the nine's" with nails perfectly painted. She had a wonderful sense of humor as well. Just always laughing and smiling.
We were lucky enough to see her a couple times over the past three years. We all traveled to Florida for her 80th birthday in March of 2010 and Kate's wedding in Jan of 2012. Jim and I, got to have dinner at Morton's with her during another Disney trip in 2010. We also got to see her this past November at Downtown Disney real quick. 
She is going to be greatly missed, but I know that she is now in heaven hootin' and hollering with her sisters.
Rest in Peace, sweet Aunt Rose.

Besides learning the sad news about Rose, we had an OK day. We just really hung around the house, except for our walk at the Kirk Road trail.
I had set up Reagan's pool yesterday afternoon, so the water would be nice and warm today. It was going to be 90 degrees. Hot! She had a ball playing in her pool and eventually, Jim and I jumped right on in with her. We had a lot of fun! It really is big enough for all three of us to frolic around. I think she liked having some company.
Brinkley tried to get in with us a couple times, so I finally set up one for him. Reagan's original pool, was leaning to the side one day, so we thought it may have a small leak in it. We ended up buying a new one just in case. I hadn't thrown out the "leaner" yet, so I thought I would fill it up a little bit for Brinkley to play in. He loved it and chilled in there for awhile! He even went "puppy crazy"! He was running full speed and hopping in and out. I think we'll keep the "leaner" now just for him!
This evening, Jim and Reagan went to the store and then we had a little cookout.
The photo of the day is Reagan and Brinkley in their pools....
The next is, Jim and I taking a dip in the backyard baby pool....
Ray and Jenny also stopped over real quick today, to drop off a treasure for Reagan. They went to the Youngtown Art Festival and bought her a little bracelet made from rolled paper. It is too cool! Reagan just loved it! Thanks Ray and Jenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment