Sunday, March 17, 2013

Flipping Flapjacks - 76/365

Today Jim was up bright and early to work at the Boardman Rotary Pancake Festival. The Boardman Rotary is a service club that Jim has been involved in for the past 5 years. They have a number of fundraisers each year and then use the money they raise to benefit the community as well as international projects. The Pancake Festival is one of their biggest fundraisers of the year. 
This year Jim was asked to work in the kitchen, which doesn't happen right away, so Jim was very happy to be asked. Being that he was asked to cook and it was his first time, I wanted to capture this memory. Reagan, Nana and I surprised him with a visit. I knew if I told him I wanted to take a picture, he would say, "Oh no, that's ok." so I had to sneak attack him....LOL! 
I found him flipping pancakes at one of the four griddles they use. While he's always been excellent at cooking pancakes at home, this was the first time he's ever had to cook anything for a large group of people. He says the day seemed to be a success because he didn't burn himself and no one complained about his cooking! He'll be out working the festival next weekend as well. Stop out and see him if you have a chance! 
The photo of the day is Jimmy and his pancakes....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment