Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hard Potato! - 75/365

For dinner tonight, I was planning on making grilled chicken breasts marinated in tropical marinade, sauteed veggies and sweet potatoes. We never really do "baked" potatoes at home, so I used handy dandy Google to get a time frame. It said 400 degrees for 40 minutes. I put the taters in the oven and set the timer, I went back to the living room and played for a little bit, then went to start the chicken and veggies. The chicken and veggies were done right on time with the "beep", so I went to pull the potatoes out. They were still kinda hard so I put them back in for a few minutes, while trying to keep the other stuff hot. I gave it a few more minutes, they were no better. I put them BACK in and we just went ahead and ate the chicken and veggies. I checked them after we were ALL DONE eating and they were STILL NOT DONE!!! No one is even still hungry at this point, but now it's just the principal! I actually cleaned up the entire kitchen, which was a disaster, then pulled them BACK out and they were finally relatively soft. I put them on a plate, we were ready to dig in and realized the middle was STILL a little hard. We are having a good time by now joking about these stupid potatoes! We tried to eat some, just because now, we had our heart set on them. We ended up just eating around the edges...LOL! The next thing I know, Jim says, "Ugh, that's enough." and pushes the plate away from him. We both BUSTED out laughing. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard. It was HILARIOUS! He claims he just meant he was "full". I still think he was just sick from the awful potato! 
These surely weren't Morton's or Outback sweet potatoes. I have no idea what happened! Apparently I need to put them in in the MORNING! LOL!
 Photo of the day is our lovely potatoes....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment