Monday, March 18, 2013

Ice Storm - 77/365

It's March 18th and yes, we were under a Winter Storm Warning until 4 o'clock this afternoon. Are you freaking kidding!? Late last night I checked the weather channel app on my phone and was disgusted to see we were under a winter weather advisory. It was calling for snow and ice mix.
We woke up this morning to ice tinking on the window. I looked out to see big snowflakes mixed with ice balls. Wonderful! I re-checked the app and was shocked to see the blazing red bar showing now, a winter storm warning! The roads looked to be a mess but thankfully, Jim had no problems getting to work. He said once he got on the main roads, everything seemed O.K. Around 11:30 we headed out to run some errands. Parking lots were a mess but the roads were still fine.
It was kinda pretty seeing the trees all covered in ice. They had a beautiful sparkle to them, but that was enough. I'm just done with the winter, as I'm sure, all my Ohio friends are! I'm ready for begonias, sunshine and green grass! Come on Spring!
The photo of the day is an icy branch on our Dogwood tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment