Thursday, September 4, 2014

FIRST Day of School & a Cookout- 246/365

Today was our baby's FIRST day of SCHOOL! 
WHAT? The first day of school! We can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday we had her. It also seems like we just went to sign her up and still had six months to wait. Time goes to fast.
We signed her up at Ursuline. It's great because the school has a fabulous reputation and it's only two minutes from our house. We are so excited to have her enrolled there.
Her teacher is Mrs. Sebastiani who also has a fabulous reputation. We couldn't be happier!
She also knows a few kids in her class, so that helps, too.
Reagan was a little nervous to go, but did really well! She didn't cry when we left, but when I picked her up and asked how her day was, she said "I cried." I asked why and she replied "because the girl in the purple was crying." I felt so bad. She added though "the teacher picked me up and said it would be OK, so then I was OK."
Other than that, she said she really liked it and was excited to go back! She didn't give too many details, but hopefully those will come with time. We hope this is an amazing year for her. We can wait to see all the things she learns and all the fun projects she'll bring home!
Jim and I did pretty good. I did shed just a tear or two. I did better than I thought, too. 
This afternoon we went to Menchies as a first day of school celebration and hit the Gymboree! 
This evening, we went over to Jim's mom and dad's for dinner. Greg made his famous chicken and pineapple on the grill! It was delicous! It was nice to sit and chit chat and Reagan loved talking about school. 
It was such a bittersweet day! So proud of our baby girl!
 Next, the adorable classroom.
 Reagan with her teachers Mrs. Sebastiani and Mrs. Scanlon
Reagan with Papa Greg at our cookout
Finally, Reagan and Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment